i just want to make a post about how much i love my brother
i told him that i like girls today and he was just like “i mean i think everyone is at least 15% gay anyways”
and then my dad was being a jerk and we went out to eat pasta at this fancy italian place together and we ranted about our family
and then we ended up laughing really loud because we wanted to know if your internal organs could actually feel things and i suggested calling ASK-A-NURSE to ask “can my organs feel anything??” and everyone in the restaurant was staring at us
and then we were talking about the bombing of hiroshima and my earlier dad was saying it was completely justified because of the things japan had done to american soldiers and I said “i mean that’s like saying ‘someone punched me in the face so i punched him back’ and do we really want to be that person” he said “no that’s like saying someone punched me in the face so i made him swallow a grenade”
and idk i really love him, he is amazing, that is all
Your voice sounds completely different in different languages. It alters your personality somehow. I don’t think people get the same feeling from you. The rhythm changes. Because the rhythm of the language is different, it changes your inner rhythm and that changes how you process everything.
When I hear myself speak French, I look at myself differently. Certain aspects will feel closer to the way I feel or the way I am and others won’t. I like that—to tour different sides of yourself. I often find when looking at people who are comfortable in many languages, they’re more comfortable talking about emotional stuff in a certain language or political stuff in another and that’s really interesting, how people relate to those languages.
Francois Arnaud for Interview Magazine (via bound2014)
how many of us, as children, have had creeping thoughts of “i think i have a crush on somebody of my own gender” or “i wish i were another gender” and dismissed them so swiftly and so effectively because those ideas were unnatural and unconscionable that they never had the chance to grow into our identities? how many more of us, when finally told from childhood that queerness is a real and good option, will be queer and will love it?
Go read this. It’s really important.
Be kind to one another.
Really big corporations with tumblr blogs have really created a whole new dimension of “corporations are people too” by posing on a more individual and intimate platform by trying to blend in with other popular users and it makes me want to throw up. People fall for it though, so I guess it’s working.
The only one that comes to mind right now is Denny’s.
hey people who live/have lived in dorms what are some things you found useful to have that arent really obvious needs
also what fuckin decorating tutorials are useful and not hard as hell
and goddamn storage what do i do
- If your room doesn’t come with one already, a clock of some sort. I mean you probably have a laptop but it’s just a good thing to have around.
- If you have a fridge, get a water filter. You’ll save a lot of money if you buy one of those vs water bottles. Or you can use tap water, either or!
- Communal calendar, mostly for dividing up chores and such. You might not need it, but it’s always good to have around. In my case, it helped a lot with the laundry because we could each claim our own day.
- These! They take up little room but have a lot of storage! You can pick them up at like HomeGoods, Walmart, Target, etc. Also this!
- Related: if you can raise up your bed, put it up as high as you can. You can store a lot of stuff under there and save a ton of space.
- Sewing kit, duct tape, etc. Basically stuff to fix up minor things with clothes.
- That’s about it as far as I can think of right now! :0
MAN i lived in dorms for two years lets see
- stackable storage bins are super useful and can be wedged into a corner and not take up too much space
- you can ask the office/whatever in your dorm to loft your bed for you if it isnt already! they usually have a team of people on hand to help new students loft their beds. that way you can put your desk under your bed and save a shit ton of room
- i definitely second the water filter idea. if you get a small one it saves time and money spent on water bottles (plus lugging a 2 pack home without a car can be rough.)
- WINDEX or some other form of cleaning spray. you will make messes.
- a Swiffer or other lightweight mop thing. chances are you will buy a carpet swach to lay down since most dorms just have tile floors, but having something you can use to easily clean the tiles is a must. they get super gross super quick.
- a mat or something to put down in front of your dorm door or immediately inside to put your boots on in the winter if you get snow. that way you arent tracking muck into your place.
- a shower tote so you can take all your wares with you easily! make sure its a tote that can drain or you will get some moldy crap in the bottom.
thats all i can think of my dorm life was 4 years ago lmao
Earplugs! People will be very loud at all hours of the day and night. But a quicker fix is just to join them if it sounds like a fun party ;)
Okay this is unrelated but does come from experience: don’t accidentally forget that you have bananas in your closet…because when they fall behind all your clothing…they will attract gnats…oh my god, so many gnats…
Dorm mattresses tend to be really old and uncomfortable, so I recommend getting yourself a mattress topper. Check your dorm’s policies about hanging pictures/posters. You may not be able to use thumbtacks, so get a buttload of press stick. I lived in a dorm that was basically just an apartment building (aww yeah Manhattan colleges), so I needed a ton of kitchen stuff. You will probably only need a plate, bowl, mug, and a set of silverware. Get something hard to break that’s also microwave safe. Tupperware is your friend.
based on The Chocolate Rabbit Incident
She was either flirting or she hates me. Some would say that if a girl had hit me with her whiteboard gently and giggled while she was doing it, that would have been flirting. That if she was flirting with me, I wouldn’t have a small bruise on my forehead.
But okay, girls like me. I’m not saying this to be conceited or anything like that. Some people are just naturally likable for whatever reason. Don’t ask me why. I’d like to think it’s because I’m smart and driven and I try my best to do the right thing. But most of the time I feel like it’s because I’m on the rowing team and I have a nice face.
… I swear I’m not trying to sound conceited.
But she was definitely staring at me all day yesterday. She was doing that thing where she’d look away and pretend to be busy. And she made an entire video about me on that video blog thing she does. I mean, yeah, it was about how awful I am. But at least she cares enough to rant about me to her impressively large fan base. And it’s not like she’s paid much attention to any other boys in Avonlea. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her even talk to any of the boys here except for Charlie Sloane.
… What if she likes Charlie? Okay, no. There’s no way. I… nope. Not going there.
I hope she doesn’t hate me.
She definitely seems like the type to love grand romantic gestures. And that’s never been me. I’m just that friendly, kind of flirtatious- okay, maybe really flirtatious- guy in Chemistry class who girls have a crush on in eleventh year but probably won’t remember after graduation. I’ve decided I should do something bigger than just apologizing. So I might have a chance of her remembering me once we’re both gone.
There are all of these chocolate bunnies on sale because Easter is over. So I’m going to buy her one and give it to her at school. I mean, who doesn’t like chocolate? With my luck she’s probably allergic to chocolate and she’ll accuse me of attempting to poison her.
I’ll still try. Because I want her to like me. I want to be her friend.
and my U.S. History teacher was trying to get us to understand why it was such a big deal that England had put a tax on colonial sugar, and he goes,
"What if you had to pay a tax every time you logged onto wifi?"
And the whole class just went
and I heard at least two people whisper “I would murder someone”
I will keep reblogging this in the name of historical science